If you love adventure, ride mountain bikes, or simply appreciate the wilderness, odds are high that you have heard of British Columbia’s South Chilcotin Mountains. Over time, these mountain ranges have become a popular destination for backcountry touring experiences – specifically, guided mountain bike tours.
The wranglers at Tyax Adventures have deep roots in the area going back to the first days of settlement in the Bridge River Valley. They know these mountains like the back of their hand and will share with you their favourite places and choose routes specifically to suit your group. Tyax Adventures has guided the most mountain bike tours in the Chilcotin mountain ranges and they know precisely how to adhere a weeklong smile to the faces of riders of any skill level.
While brainstorming ideas for a contest, we asked ourselves: What would every mountain biker on the planet thoroughly enjoy? The answer… A four day long adventure in the beautiful mountain ranges or British Columbia!
In order to enter the competition, we encouraged people to visit any of the participating retail stores to obtain an official entry password. It was imperative that all contest entries visit their local bike shop – Our mission was not only to increase brand awareness, but also to support the retailers by driving consumers to the shops. Supporting local bike culture and contributing to the MTB community is a top priority for Ryders – By hosting a contest that promotes outdoor adventure, we strive to provide the experience of a lifetime.
The contest entry period was between April 1st, 2015 and May 12th, 2015. The lucrative prize included:
- Round trip airfare for winner and guest between the major United States or Canadian airport closest to the winner’s residence and an airport in or near Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada.
- Round-trip ground transfers by passenger van (Ryders vintage VW) from Vancouver to Whistler, including bike transport.
- One-night accommodation at residential cabin in Whistler, BC.
- Float plane from Whistler to Lorna Lake.
- Self-supported three day guided mountain biking trip for two. Meals and accommodations in Tyax backcountry cabins.
- Accommodation at Tyax Wilderness Resort and Spa.
By the time June rolled around, we had collected all the entries and randomly selected a contest winner. Matthew Andersen was the lucky winner—he entered through a shop in Calgary called Out There.
Of course we couldn’t send Matt on the adventure of a lifetime alone. The prize included two of everything so he decided to invite his (very lucky) friend, Karly.
Matt and Karly arrived at YVR with smiles on their faces. They were greeted by Ryders founder and brand ambassador, Brent Martin. They eagerly grabbed their luggage and hopped in the Van, luckily their bike boxes had arrived intact.